Homeschool Community and Sites
I’ve been looking around trying to identify some leaders in homeschool websites and communities. I’m not looking at the new social media, I’m focusing on the more traditional web-based approaches.
- Homeschool.com – They seem to be #1 in most people’s minds.
- HSLDA – These are a polarizing group which uses scare tactics and speaks for one segment.
- Ann Zeiss – One of the old ladies of homeschooling. A2ZHomeschooling.com is her site.
- Mary Pride – Another pioneer and old lady of homeschooling. She wrote one of the most popular books on homeschooling. Her site is Homeschool World.
- New sites: HomeschoolMom, Letshomeschoolhighschool, homeschoolliterature, secularhomeschool, – there ar many of these
- Curriculum sites with communities. Many of these are well done: TehWellTrainedMInd, Time4Learning.net, etc etc